Sunday 22 December 2013

TWILIGHT V/S CRITICISM

I watched Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part-1, 2 both!! I’ve watched these movies before but watched them again on the T.V premier. I love this book. I’m not saying it’s the best literary piece but in terms of creating a whole new world that too without really changing the time period and setting is quite remarkable. It’s not like Game of Thrones or for that matter Harry Potter books wherein it’s absolutely a different time and setting. It’s happening in a high school. Nothing is extraordinary about the setting. But, still the way the author fits this whole story in a high school biology lab is amazing in itself.


Like seriously, giving the good old scary Dracula this type of turn is magnificent. Dracula was the symbol of fear not a romantic character but this makeover of vampires with the twilight saga was not what I had ever expected. I’d never thought that vampires and werewolves would ever be the object of romantic fantasies. The more shocking thing I find is that it has a lot of critics as well. I know that everything is criticized but the way some people criticize and pass derogatory comments even after not reading the book is downright hideous and awful. I mean if one has read the book and know about it and then didn’t like it, its okay. I know some people who just can’t shut up. They just think that if they don’t like a certain book then the person is committing a crime by even mentioning the name of that book or movie!!

But, I guess these jerks couldn’t dampen the impact that this book had all over the world. I can surely say that Edward Cullen is one of the most romantic characters ever written in the history of literature and in the 21st century as well. I’m not saying this because I’m a Robert Pattinson fan, I’m bitten by the so called “Twilight Bug” or I’m one of those girls who have not read any novels except the Twilight Saga. I’ve read the classics as well the hunger games types of books too. I read extensively(my approaching Board exams have kind of put a full stop to my reading these day but otherwise I’m a keen reader).

I’ve read hunger games trilogy and seen the movie but, honestly I don’t like its movie adaptation even if its lead is an Oscar winner. Moreover, I just don’t understand this obsession people have with Oscar winners. How can someone assume that if a particular actor got Oscar for his/her performance in a certain movie then surely in every movie that actor is great? As far as I know they don’t get the Oscar for a lifetime. They only get it for that particular performance!! And also, Oscar doesn’t mean that it’s mandatory for everyone to like that actor. There are people who would give killer looks if you’ll tell them that you don’t like that Oscar winning actor/movie and straight away tell you that you’ve absolutely no taste in movies and the non Oscar winning actor that you like is some C-grade actor, playing the bad goon who gets badly beaten by Salman Khan!!


I love Twilight Book and if anyone would tell me that it’s a horrible book and its movie is bad just because Jennifer Lawrence or some other Oscar winner is not its lead then, I’m really sorry dude!! It’s not my problem what you think but, I’m not changing my choices just because someone doesn’t give them an Oscar or some geek critic thinks that it’s a bad book and movie. I’m damn sure that if more than half of the world’s people are reading that book then it’s not the book that’s at fault but you!! Even if you don’t like the book I don’t think so it gives you the right to loathe, make fun of the people who like it. Moreover pass bad comments about it!!

2 comments:

  1. Hit the people with something who pass comments at you for a movie.
    But do you really love this movie so much???

    Well, I guess to each his own!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't quite understand the over-hyped criticism of this book and movie. I've also read the series, and it may not be my favourite, but I also don't consider it to be bad in any way.

    But I still feel like the movies were very poorly made, probably fueling all of this twilight-hate in the first place. Kristen Stewart's acting of Bella sort of sent the ship of Twilight sinking.

    ReplyDelete