Monday 9 December 2013

2 DOWN, 3 MORE TO GO!!

Well today I gave my physics exam…an exam I must say I’ve been waiting for!! I really like physics and I guess I’ve already written a lot about my love for this subject. Today’s exam sort of opened my eyes in the sense that it made me realize my mistake. It made me recognize the fact that I’m not lagging in my preparation but in practice.

I’d heard it from my friends that they knew the answers in exam but due to lack of time they couldn’t finish it on time…honestly I never really understood them!! I always thought that they were somehow consoling themselves for the less marks or better making excuses.  Today the teacher took my answer sheet and I’d not finished writing my exam. I felt very helpless in that moment and was truly annoyed by my speed of writing.

After coming back from school, I took out my question paper to see what had exactly happened today? Where did I actually waste all my? Was it really a lengthy paper as they say or was it just me being slow? And, finally the answer to my question was the one I already knew deep down. I knew the answers just right but what I lagged in behind was the practice of real questions, the so called sample papers. Today I realized the true meaning behind the song that all the teachers seem to be singing every day these days and i.e. “practice the five year question, set your time and do a sample paper”.

I’m in 12th grade and this is not my 10th exams where just after completing the full syllabus you manage to get the so called 9 CGPA or above. This is 12th board exams and to score good in these, completing the full course would not help!! So, I’ve to push myself a notch higher and start practicing as well.

I’ve never left an exam other than English but I never felt bad about it because I always scored really well in it even after leaving a 2-3 marks question. I always end up writing more in answer than it requires. English is the one subject in which I truly get carried away. I like English and love reading books. I know it’s a bad thing to go haywire with one’s opinions in English exam. I should strictly limit myself to what is asked in the question and not to think too much and write the so called cliché answers to those typical questions.


My next exam is English and therefore I’m quite at ease right now. Kartikeya said once that, “English exam in the middle is like a vacation from studies and a fresh change” and I totally agree with him. After giving two high voltage exams like maths and physics my mind is shrieking for a break and English exam is just that for me!! A welcome holiday!! So I guess now I should better relax in this time while I’ve it because after this I’ve my BIOLOGY and CHEMISTRY  EXAMS…

No comments:

Post a Comment