Friday 13 December 2013

ONE MORE LEFT!!

Well, I didn’t write after my last exam which was English because I was truly exhausted after it. All those writing skills and that literature section literally sucked out of me my desire to write anymore. I like English as a subject but I don’t like its textbooks. In middle school we used have a great textbook called INSIGHTS and it was the best. The stories were great and everything didn’t just revolve around social stereotypes.

All I’ve seemed to read in my last 2 years is not English but about the social stigma’s that our society is facing. I know what’s happening in the world. I read newspaper everyday as well but, always reading about the sad things is somewhat now changing me into a cynical person. I think they should add some real funny and happy stories. Like seriously, I personally don’t like the stories and poem. I know everything around us doesn’t end with a perfect happily ever after but at least stories should be remotely pleasant. Moreover, I think it’s high time that they start putting some modern literature and extracts from the books that recently written by new, young authors. I know Shakespeare and Robert frost are some great writers and poets of their time and their literary works are quite exquisite but exposure to new literature is also important.

After this English exam, today I had my biology exam. Biology is a nice subject and I like it. Today’s exam was good. It was very simple and whatever I studied in 1 day holiday didn’t actually come in the exam. All the answers that I wrote in the exam today were actually extracted from my listening in the class not what I memorized. Sometimes too easy exam is the most difficult because we tend to overlook the easy things while preparing in order to focus on the HOTS topics.

So, I guess that as I’m nearing my last pre-board exam i.e. chemistry, I’m understanding my mistakes as well as the fact that leaving anything is not an option even if it’s the most easy thing in the world. If I want to score good in my CBSE BOARDS then, I’ve to study everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment