Friday 20 December 2013

THE LAST CLASS PHOTOGRAPH!!

Today finally my pre-board exams got over but still I’m not feeling any joy. I’m having this mixed bittersweet experience. The subtle hints are there. I keep on ignoring them. Telling myself that eons of time is left. Whenever someone exclaims that school is getting over, I just tell them that I’m glad that after 14 years I’m getting out and all the nonsense. But, somewhere deep inside every waking moment this realization is slowly seeping in my mind that this long journey is coming to an end.

Yesterday, I opened the newspaper and saw that my school .i.e. Bal Bharati Pitampura, New Delhi is ranked first in North Delhi. I felt really proud and was truly happy and then again someone reminded me that after 3 months I would pass out of this school. Like seriously, I never thought that I’d feel bad about leaving this school. I mean I’ve never really thought about leaving it. It had been like my second home. I’ve grown up at this place and I guess have taken it for granted as well.

I had my last class photograph today at school with all my subject teachers, Principal and Vice-Principal. My Principal gave a very nice speech or I should say that she talked to us like a friend. I’d like to mention that back in 8th grade my then principal retired after giving 25 years to our school making it what it is today. But, I’ve got to say this that my now principal is awesome. No one could’ve led our school better. They said back then that no one could replace Baveja sir but, what I think is that it’s not about replacing someone it’s about doing what you want to do. One can’t hope to be like someone. It’s not about being someone. If you try to fit in someone else’s shoes then you’ll definitely fall. One has to make their own place and work the way one knows best. Change is important and necessary in life.


I’ll always remember today’s day. I’ll always remember my classmates and this chilly winter morning with all the jokes that we’d cracked today standing in that badminton court. Whenever I’ll see this photograph, I’ll remember how everyone couldn’t stop laughing while the camera was clicking. It’s said that a picture is worth a thousand words but today I know that whenever in future I’ll hold this class photograph well, words…won’t be there to describe that moment. I’ll keep those 2 minutes of this photo session with me all my life. I’ll miss my crazy class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment