Saturday 3 October 2015

Starting Afresh

I know I’ve not been writing or to more appropriately say, I’ve not been updating this blog! But, that doesn’t mean that I’ve not had an amazing experience in the last few months. I’m finally a sophomore student…yayy!! I’ve done a lot of things lately, things that I had never even dreamt about; things that were totally against my character.

To begin with, well…I finally performed in a competition, outside the college sphere. It was a duet performance and my duet partner was someone who had totally polar ideas about everything and anything. He believed in living in the moment, for he is living in a definitive time capsule where very little time is left for him to do all the things that he desires to. I don’t agree with his type of time capsule living. I want to grow old and live a very long and happy life. I know time is important but, to live in fast forward with no time to feel and appreciate the little things, to not let the love of others seep through the walls of your heart, to not let the smile of strangers touch your soul, to not experience the thrill of chasing your dreams, to not try new things; a life devoid of emotions and real experiences is not a life but a negotiation. And life is too short to be lived like a business contract with clock ticking, waiting for your heart to stop.

These past few months gave me a lot reasons to smile and cry. I won stuff and lost a lot and when I lost things, they took a part of me. A small piece of me was snatched away every time I lost and it did hurt like hell but slowly I healed and new me was formed. Though, I miss those things and that girl. She was amazing but, this new girl is better version of her. The mistakes I made, the lesson I learnt through them are the ones that made me who I am today. The stuff I won thrilled me and gave me immense happiness but, it didn’t teach me to endure pain and suffering.

I guess enough of this philosophy for now! Well, I won the elections and now, I’m the vice president of Department of English. We finally have a creative writing society “Spilled Ink” and I’m the editor. I got in DU beat too. I’ve popular fiction and so, I’m reading ‘From Russia With Love’ a.k.a James Bond! I’ve finished part one of this book and I’m already in love with spy fiction and of course…JAMES BOND. I don’t know why I never liked watching Bond movies, but then the actors were never really good looking. Though, I’m not totally untouched by Bond movies. I’ve seen Skyfall and it didn’t impress much.

Last two weeks were spent alternatively at hospital and home. I’m excited to go to college on Monday. Things have changed and there is going to be a student panel for department. Even the music society is starting with a western choir. Things are looking good; life is going to be super busy from next week. All I can say is that I would try to update as much as possible! 

1 comment:

  1. All the best and happy to know life is awesome for you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete