Saturday 26 July 2014

The K-factors (Part-2)

Yes, I’m writing part two. There was a time I had thought that I won’t write it but today I think that I should finish what I started. I shouldn’t leave it hanging in the middle of nowhere. My college has started and both of my K-factors are not with me anymore. Kar is studying management and Khuboo is going for doctor (or whatever she decides) and I’m studying English literature.

I knew that after school we would have very different lives but I never knew that we’ll be so far away!! So, I guess this is the right time to write about them.

Well, after that first meeting the next day I didn’t fight with them over seat, instead I sat with Khuboo!! Days went on and turned to weeks. I enjoyed my time with Khuboo. Kar was still a little reserved but I had found out that he had very strong opinions, especially about girls being very lucky and privileged since there are so many girls college in Delhi University and also it was so unfair that girls didn’t suffer from hemophilia and other sex-linked disorders!! Although, I still don’t agree with him about girls being lucky in a country like India where they’re being hanged to trees…

He had a hidden debater in himself which woke up every time I said something whether it was about that day’s weather or Van de-graff generator. Yes, he had fought with me over Van de-graff generator as well!! He never gave up. Even when he knew he was wrong, he would go on and on until he won that argument. This perseverant attitude did win him many arguments. There were times when I felt like banging my head in the wall or better bang his head instead of mine.

Kar was not a stupid person but he was stubborn. I wouldn’t say that his arguments or his opinions were wrong but they were different from mine. Too much different and I guess that the reason for our conflict. Moreover, he was never ready to see the other side…in his mind there was only one side of coin which was “His side”. And me being as stubborn as he was, wouldn’t let go until and unless my head would throb with pain!!


These arguments were life of our group. I really enjoyed them and now when I think about them, well, it just brings a smile to my face. I miss these arguments. These debates only finished with me walking away and even then sometimes he would come after me speaking until he got an answer. He left only when he would be sure that I won’t utter a single word and the satisfactory slow smile that was pasted on his face immediately after silence!! Oh god, I bet he was giddy with happiness after winning these arguments, saying “yeah” and giving himself a “self congratulatory high five”!!

Apart from all these debates, we did have serious conversation and yes, he has helped me a lot too. He’s a good teacher as well. He was the one in our group who kept all of us on our toes. He was always worried about exams and thus, reminded us to work hard. He did all he could to get us serious and worried about the exams. His favorite line was “BIO WALI MUJHE NUMBER NAHI DEGI”!! I guess now he’s happy because our biology teacher did give him full marks in practical.

But, he was a black hole who sucked happiness out whenever he got a chance. There were times when his pessimistic attitude got me worked up too much. People called me a pessimist but, after meeting him it seemed that I had converted into an optimist. At least, in comparison to him I was too good.

This is where Khuboo comes in picture. She was the perfect antidote to Kar’s contagious depression. If Kar was the dark night then she was the moonlight. She is happiness personified. Khuboo is one those people who would always make you smile and would let you see the silver lining.


Even during my 12th board exams I would call her and ask her to tell me jokes!! She is one of those rare creatures on this earth who don’t judge people very critically. She doesn’t force people to change for her and accepts them as they are. She tries to see the other side of the coin. She’s just opposite of Kar.

The most important thing for her is to live everyday to the fullest. There are very few people and I’m surely not one of them who celebrate their life. She finds reason to smile in the most depressing situations. Even as I’m writing about her, my head is filled with pictures of the time when we had laughed so hard that we literally had tears in our eyes. I don’t remember being sad in her company. She never gave a damn about what people thought about her. She was one of the most secure and self assured people that I’ve ever met.
 
What I don’t like about her?? Well, this is a hard question because I just LOVE her. But still, everyone has flaws and I guess sometimes this blow-it-off attitude of hers gets her in trouble. I don’t want her to be too much serious but I want her to think deeply and seriously about certain important things in life. It’s very important to be happy in life but to postpone things and ignore them won’t make them go away. One or the other day she’ll have to face those things and make a decision. This happy go lucky attitude doesn’t always work.

She has a beautiful and intelligent mind but why she chooses not to use it is something that sometimes irritates me. She has so much of potential to do something really good in her life but, I really think that she’s not trying hard enough. I just hope that she soon finds her niche in life and do something great!!

Well, in the end all I can say is that both of them are truly two amazing people that I was lucky enough to meet. They’ve irritated, annoyed and made me happy. They’ve always been there in the background. They made the last two years of school truly amazing. They would always be remembered together, even if they are not together!! Don’t be a stranger guys and keep in touch!! I miss you both in college!!

Your friend,
Misscrazymind ;)


PS: Kartikeya=Kar and Khushboo=Khuboo.

1 comment: